Yes of course, if you just got on with it you could be sitting down for dinner before midnight and go to sleep knowing you've done a good day's work. But! It doesn't always work out like that, does it?
Because sometimes you just have to -
1. Channel your inner Anthea Turner and clean all the grouting round the bathroom tiles. With a toothbrush.
2.Write those thank you notes you didn't get round to in the festive break because you were too full of cheese/chocolate/ fizz and the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special was on the telly.
3. Re. the above: spend a not inconsiderable amount of time pondering which notelets to use (possibly then deciding you really ought to make all the cards yourself, thus putting off actually writing said notes. #DoubleProcrastination).
4. Entice the cat to sit on your knee then not have the heart to remove her when she's so cosy and replace her with your laptop.
5. Trawl Amazon, then Ebay, then the entire internet for that particular make and shade of lipstick (it truly was the perfect nude), when you jolly well know it no longer exists.
6. Finally accept the above then re-trawl for a shade that's almost the same.
7. Watch some videos on YouTube that show you how to remove the scratches on your glasses with toothpaste (and a credit card???). Well, all the better to see your laptop screen. Obviously.
8. Take a little nap in the guise of meditating/visualising the entire blog post so you can type it up in record speed when you come to.
9. Decide your blog posts will be more authentic if you connect with the page, so now you must hunt out the perfect notebook and pen from your stationery drawer. (Which, while you are there, should probably be de-cluttered and re-organised).
Or, if it looks very much like tears before bedtime, write a list ...
Love, Liss x